9 Must See Upcoming Romance Movies of 2016
1. Café Society
- When Is It Released? July 15, 2016
- Director: Woody Allen
- Who Does It Star? Jeannie Berlin, Steve Carell, Kristen Stewart, Jesse Eisenberg and Blake Lively
What Is It About? Set in the 1930s, Café Society sees a young man named Bobby Dorfman (Jesse Eisenberg) looking for excitement and a glamorous career in star-studded Hollywood.
After starting his career on a good foot by nabbing a job with his uncle, Bobby falls for Vonnie (Kristen Stewart), a stunning and sympathetic woman who also happens to be his boss’s mistress.
- When Is It Released? August 5, 2016
- Director: Todd Kessler
- Who Does It Star? Kabir Bedi, Staz Nair, Natalie Perera and Machel Montano
What Is It About? A multicultural movie that aims to blend Bollywood beats with Caribbean island life, Bazodee is a classic tale of following your heart.
Anita Ponchouri (Natalie Perera) is a dutiful Indian daughter who has made a good engagement with a rich Londoner (Staz Nair), but a random encounter with a local singer (Machel Montano) busking on the streets changes the course of her future forever.
3. Morris From America
- When Is It Released? August 19, 2016
- Director: Chad Hartigan
- Who Does It Star? Craig Robinson, Markees Christmas, Carla Juri, Lina Keller and Jakub Gierszał
What Is It About? Not your typical romance movie, Morris From America centers around a young boy (Markees Christmas) who has emigrated from the States to make a new life with his father (Craig Robinson) in Germany.
After developing a love for rap music that helps to keep his cultural roots alive in the EDM dominated scene, Morris begins to fall in love with a German girl named Katrin (Lina Keller). But does Morris have what it takes to be cool and get the girl in this brave, new country?
4. Southside With You
- When Is It Released? August 26, 2016
- Director: Richard Tanne
- Who Does It Star? Parker Sawyers and Tika Sumpter
What Is It About? This unusual movie takes place in one afternoon in 1989 when the future President of the USA, Barack Obama (Parker Sawyers) , wooed his future First Lady, Michelle (Tika Sumpter) on an ambitious first date across Chicago’s South Side.
5. Bridget Jones’s Baby
- When Is It Released? September 16, 2016
- Director: Sharon Maguire
- Who Does It Star? Renée Zellweger, Colin Firth and Patrick Dempsey
What Is It About? A 40-year-old Bridget Jones (Renée Zellweger) has split with her longterm partner Mark Darcy (Colin Firth) and is once more embracing the single life. She pours her energy into furthering her career, that is until a dashing American named Jack (Patrick Dempsey) sweeps her off her feet once more.
Everything appears to be going swimmingly until Bridget realizes she is pregnant and the confused mom-to-be has to figure out who is really her baby’s daddy.
6. La La Land
- When Is It Released? December 2, 2016
- Director: Damien Chazelle
- Who Does It Star? Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling
What Is It About? A struggling jazz pianist (Ryan Gosling) and an aspiring actress (Emma Stone) find love in Los Angeles, despite the fact that they are both desperately struggling to make ends meet in the cutthroat entertainment industry.
Who can resist a movie with the king of romance, Ryan Gosling, eh?
- When Is It Released? November 23, 2016
- Director: Robert Zemeckis
- Who Does It Star? Brad Pitt, Marion Cotillard, Lizzy Caplan, Matthew Goode and Jared Harris
What Is It About: A French-Canadian spy (Brad Pitt) marries a French agent (Marion Cotillard) after falling in love with her during a mission in Casablanca, but it turns out his wife isn’t the person he thought she was.
8. Rules Don’t Apply
- When Is It Released? November 23, 2016
- Director: Warren Beatty
- Who Does It Star? Warren Beatty, Lily Collins and Alden Ehrenreich
What Is It About? An aspiring actress (Lily Collins) feels an instant attraction to her driver (Alden Ehrenreich), but their love is prevented from running its course thanks to their eccentric billionaire boss (Warren Beatty) who bans all workplace relationships.
Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt finally collide! Image: Todd Williamson/Getty Images.
- When Is It Released? December 21, 2016
- Director: Morten Tyldum
- Who Does It Star? Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt
What Is It About? Two passengers (Jennifer Lawrence and Chris Pratt) are aboard a spaceship traveling to a distant colony on another planet when they awake from cryogenic sleep 90 years before anyone else.
via The 9 Must-See Upcoming Romance Movies Of 2016